Friday, August 5, 2011

Ritz Chicken nuggets

I love chicken nuggets or schnitzel, as we call them in Israel (actually chicken nuggets are called schnitzelonim, the big ones are called schnitzel). When I get the opportunity to eat a good schnitzel I will take it. My husband makes great schnitzel, and yet... I was getting board with eating it more or less the same way every time. I started to experiment with the "bread crumbs" I was using. Several years ago I heared someone telling me that they had used Ritz crackers.

When I went shopping the other day I thought: Hey why not... The nuggets turned out sooooo delicious. Even better then the one my husband makes lol. I just couldn't stop eating them.

So, here is the recipe I came up with:

2 whole chicken breasts cut into stripes or nuggets
3/4 package of Ritz type crackers (depening on the size you have it may be more or less. I think I used about 300gr...)
2 eggs
1/4 cup water

Preheat a grill/broiler (not too hot so the chicken won't dry out)
Prepare a baking sheet.
In a blender turn the cracers into crumbs and put them on a plate
Blend together the eggs with the water on a seperate plate
Dip the chicken picees first into the egg mixture and then coat them with the crumbs. Put the prepared chicken on the baking sheet.
Once the baking sheet is full put it into the hot oven and broil the nuggets for about 10 minutes.
Repeat with the rest of the chicken pieces.

I made 2 baking sheets worth of delicous chicken nuggets which didn't last too long. My hubby was also impressed with them. So, even though they are the most expensive crumbs I ever used I will definately make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment